Whether you’re recycling metals for the benefit of our environment or the benefit of your pocket book we want you to earn as much money as possible for the metals you bring. Getting the most money out of your metal recyclables is as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Know your metals
- Please see our catalog of metal types we buy. Here you’ll see names and pictures of some of the more popular metals that we purchase for recycling.
- If you’re not finding an answer to your general metal questions call our friendly office staff and they will be happy to answer your questions.
- When you come to see us, don’t hesitate to ask any of our knowledgeable yard personnel your more difficult metal-identifying questions. It’s likely that they will be able to show examples right there.
2. Sort your metals
- With a general knowledge of metals you’ll be able to sort your recyclable metals by categories to earn a higher profit.
- By doing the sorting yourself, we are able to pay you more than if we were to buy your mixed load and pay our own employees to sort your metals.
- Sorting your metals before you come will enable us to weigh your recyclables more quickly and have you on your way in no time.
3. Clean your metals
- Don’t break out the pressure washer! “Clean” metals are pure metals; meaning, they’re not contaminated by foreign metals or non-metals.
- In most cases we’re able to pay better prices for your clean metals than for dirty (contaminated) metals. Taking time to separate mixed pieces of scrap by shearing, cutting or disassembly could earn you more money.
- Feel free to call us to check the current price difference between clean and dirty metals.